Thursday, December 1, 2011

About My Book..

Last night I was hanging out with an old friend who asked what my book was about.  As I told her, I got wrapped up in the story all over again and realized how much I believe in it.  I also realized that between 2 sisters' birthdays, Thanksgiving, work, and all of the fun I've been having, I haven't worked on it in about a week!  That is unacceptable.  

Some of you  read the first draft of my book last year, and some of you know the general idea of the story, but for the rest of you, here is a synopsis, kind of a back-cover description.  Also, as I am going to try to finish the second draft by the end of the year and publish as an ebook, I am working on some cover ideas.  Please let me know what you think.  This is my favorite so far.  It's a picture of St. Aug at sunset, and the font feels kind of ancient and mysterious, and there's a lot of symbolism with light and dark, so I wanted to incorporate that as well.  Anyway, here's the synopsis:

Alex and her two younger sisters have lived with their grandmother in the strange old town of St. Augustine since the mysterious death of their mother eight years ago.  But on the night of Alex's eighteenth birthday she discovers a family secret so terrifying that she runs away without even saying goodbye.  When she returns ten years later, she must face the traumatic events of her past and many changes, including a beloved family member who no longer remembers her, a sister who hates her, and the reemergence of a gift she always thought was a curse.  As she seeks to reclaim the life she once abandoned, she initiates a series of events that will push her to the brink of sanity, endanger the lives of those she loves, and change the ancient city forever.  

3 comments:

  1. push her to the brink of sanity... or insanity? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, good question. To be on the brink is to be on the edge, so if you're on the edge of sanity I guess you are close to insanity, but not quite there. IDK, anyone else? Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think brink of insanity...but what do I know? :) Sounds like a great book. Is e-book publishing difficult?

    ReplyDelete