Monday, November 21, 2011

I Heart Lists

Also inside my crazy orange binder is a list of qualities it takes to make a book good: the perfect setting, intriguing characters, a dynamic plot, motivation & determination to see it through, and a good writer.  A good writer: studies other writers' work, knows their audience, improves their technique, increases their creativity, expands their vocabulary, and writes often.
Simple enough, right? WRONG.
Because for every big "to do" there are a million little "to do's," and sometimes figuring out what they are is the hardest part of all.  So I challenged myself today to make a list of all the little "to do's" that are making up the big "to do" of getting my books published, even the ones that are "to done." (That way I can see that I have already made a lot of progress even though I have a LOT more to do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment